ACQUISITION OF CYPRUS NATURALISATION/NATIONALITY BY INVESTORS THROUGH INVESTMENT
A non-Cypriot citizen, who meets one of the following economic criteria, either personally or through a company/companies in which he/she participates as a shareholder - proportionally based on the percentage of participation, or even as a high-ranking senior manager of a company/companies that meets one of economic criteria, may apply for acquisition of Cypriot citizenship through Naturalization by Exception.
A high-ranking senior manager may apply, provided that he/she receives such a remuneration that generates for the Republic of Cyprus tax revenue of at least €100,000 for a three-year period and provided that this tax has already been paid or prepaid.
The applicant should have concluded the necessary investments during the three years preceding the date of the application and must retain the said investments for a period of at least three years since the date of the Naturalisation.
The criteria for obtaining Cypriot nationality
A minimum €2.0 million investment by the aforementioned person in the following:
- Investment in Government Bonds
- Investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organisations
- Investment in real estate, land development or infrastructure projects
- Purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot businesses and companies
- Deposits in Cypriot banks
- A combination of the aforementioned
Major Collective Investments:
The Council of Ministers shall have the right on special occasions, to reduce the above criteria:
- To €2.0 million for investors, who demonstrably participate in a special collective investment scheme, provided that the total value of the investment is at least €12 million.
- To €2.0 million for investors who demonstrably participate in a special collective investment scheme, provided that the total value of the investment is more than €12 million.